What is IVF Lite?
IVF Lite is an In Vitro Fertilization protocol uniquely designed for ORM patients who are interested in a treatment option that increases their chance of success over IUI, but at less cost than traditional IVF. IVF Lite uses a reduced or minimal approach to ovarian stimulation. Unlike standard IVF, IVF Lite uses fewer medications for a gentler stimulation of the ovary. This process can be easier on the body and greatly reduces the risk of hyperstimulation. IVF Lite is an attainable treatment option for many patients looking to grow their family.
An IVF Lite Cycle Typically Includes The Following Steps:
- Medication to stimulate the growth of multiple eggs; Lower dosage than standard IVF
- Retrieval of eggs from the ovary or ovaries
- Fertilization of eggs through either standard insemination (putting the sperm and eggs together in the culture dish) or Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI - the injection of a single sperm into each mature egg)
- Culture of fertilized eggs (embryos) for several days
- Transfer of one or more embryos into the uterus